Friday, April 18, 2008

Join the Challenge

Working out is on my list of least favorite things to do…but it’s something that I have to do.
I can’t compete in Long Drive events and expect to do well if I don’t work out regularly and hit balls on the driving range regularly. Since I’m not able to do the later as much as I need to, I make sure that I at least work out 6 days a week. I made a promise to myself to be in the best physical shape I could be by the time I turn 52 in Oct.

I tend to lose weight easily, so I have to make sure I eat more than the average person, but I have to eat the right foods. So my wife cleaned out the fridge and replaced all the junk food with fruit & veggies. Thus begins the “change your eating habits” phase.

A few weeks ago a good friend of mine, Jason Scheff (lead singer for the all time great rock band Chicago) turned me on to this program...Beachbody...P90X.

First day workout kicked my butt! But I'll tell you what, this is an incredible workout to help lose body fat and increase strength, flexibility and stamina. I’ve been doing it for 3 weeks now…and already there has been a transformation for the better! I’m so excited about it that I signed up as an independent coach with TeamBeachBody and I really want to share it with everyone 'cause I believe it can change your life for the better as well.

Jason, myself and a couple of others are putting together a challenge "Scheffy Challenge" so we can share our getting fit experience with everyone and visa versa. You've got to check it out www.scheffland.com/tsc/ To start with the winner of the one month challenge will receive a song written exclisively for them by Jason himself!!! How cool is that?

I also wanted to say “way to go” to my wife for taking action as well. (I know it is difficult for women especially to put it out there, in public no less), but she has… and she has committed to the challenge as well.

I hope that you will join us too!. Call or email me if you have any questions.

Pat

No comments: